Sunday, August 9, 2009

SSB

What pray tell is SSB? It stands for Secret Single Behavior.

Within my small collection of DVDs, three terrific seasons of Sex and The City are squished between the sixth season of FRIENDS and Cujo (inside joke). Tonight, while adjusting the design of a blue jumper I got from China, I decided to watch a few episodes of faux-journalist Carrie Bradshaw. In season four, Carrie mentions SSB - wee habits women and men would never want their boyfriends or girlfriends to know.

Carrie's SSB:
"I like to make a stack of saltines; I put grape jelly on them. I eat them standing up in the kitchen while reading fashion magazines."

After that scene, "I couldn't help but wonder..." What other bizarre SSBs are out there???

Since "secret" is a critical word within the acronym, I'll only deliver one of my SSBs: Fashion faux pas at home.
As far as fashion goes, outside the house, I am quite careful when coordinating my outfits with my accessories. For instance, I seldom wear a black top with a brown wristwatch - sure I've lived in France, but my brown and black combos are limited.
Inside the house, however, it's another story. In short, my fashion sense goes completely out of the window - a mixture of apathy, merely for self-amusement or nearing laundry day. Several friends, family members and college roommates can attest to this behavior; and if nothing else, it provides them with some mild entertainment. Comfortability is a vital aspect of outfits I enjoying throwing together; yet on occasion, colors and patterns often clash. Pssh...no big. I prefer not to dwell on the minor details in life. The picture below is classic example numero uno of my SSB. Do enjoy.



All of this SSB talk leads me to one inevitable question; one which arises between most couples. Should couples live together before marriage?

Sure, it raises a lot of questions; and for some, it's a rather controversial topic. (Hint: no sex before marriage.) At the same time, there is such a thing as will power. Couples learn a great deal about one another by living under the same roof: daily habits, quirks, pet peeves, etc. Thus, wouldn't you like to know your fiancé's SSB before marriage? Hmm...a nice, bold check in the 'Yes' box please.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Great Wall

The Great Wall
Beijing, China